Sous Vide Meringue
Sugar - 1 1/4 cups (8.75 oz.)
Egg Whites - 1 cup (8.75 oz.)
Immersion circulator (or a pot and a thermometer)
Nitrous Oxide Cartridges - 4
- Whisk egg whites and sugar just until thoroughly incorporated.
- Transfer to a vacuum bag and vacuum seal. This can also be done in a Ziplock bag and does not need to be vacuum sealed.
- Place sealed bag in a 165 degree (F) water bag for 25 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a whipping siphon. Add 4 nitrous oxide chargers (3 if you want soft meringue)
- As needed, pipe the meringue from the siphon. Optionally, this meringue can be baked or torched.
This is a recipe adapted from Modernist Cuisine. modernistcuisine.com/